Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Majesty of it All!

I was talking to one of my closest friends early this morning. We discussed some of the things in our lives that God has brought us through. As we talked, I thought about some of the things that life had brought my way. Then, I thought about the majesty of it all; how no matter what, God was always there. I thought about how majestic He is and how when the rain comes down in torrents, He is your umbrella and when you are bombarded with first one thing and then another, He is your hiding place. As we continued to talk, I personally remembered how His majesty, His goodness and mercy and peace have permeated my life even in tragedy and heartbreak! As my close friend began to read verses from a birthday card that her son (who has now departed this life at a young age) had given her, tears rolled down my cheeks, and my heart overflowed with joy because even though my friend had lost her son and we both are facing trials, we were still witnessing the majesty of God. He was allowing us to find comfort in a card from the past, and yet, it was timely this morning!My soul is still rejoicing as I sit, thinking about the goodness of God and the majesty of it all!But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Job 23:10-11 KJV Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. Exodus 33:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment