Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Goodness of God!!!

I was listening to a person sometime ago, and I have to admit that, as they spoke of how they were so blessed because of the way they served God, including paying all their tithes and their other good deeds, I wished that I, too, did everything right. As I wistfully listened, I wanted so much to be "good", but the reality was that I didn't give all of my money to the church and I don't think very highly of the wicked and people who do bad things to children and the elderly. Sometimes I can think of a few things to say to people who are downright disrespectful, mean and rude. Yes, I can think of many ways that I fall short and yet, I know that I have been called by God! Then, God brought to my remembrance that His blessings and His relationship with me do not depend on how good I am or try to project to be, but rather, on His goodness, mercy and grace! Like a roaring train, the truth that none are saved by their good deeds reverberated within, but rather, by faith in and acceptance of a God who is GOOD! Haleujah!!!!Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment