Saturday, March 16, 2013

Checked!

One thing I realize is that the word of God can check you. It will show you who you really are. It is like looking into a freshly polished lighted mirror. You can see the crumbs around your mouth and maybe even some toothpaste on your lips when you look into the right mirror/ the one that has the proper lighting. Maybe in your living room mirror, you cannot see clearly, but when you look into the bathroom mirror, you can see yourself plainly. That is how it is when you look into the right mirror. The word of God is the right mirror. It will show you just who you are. For example, I looked into the mirror of Colossians 3:12 KJV which reads : Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; I ask myself if I can see my reflection in the mirror of that verse. Am I humble, are my bowels of mercy open, do I show kindness, meekness, longsuffering? I thank God for the mirror of His word because it keeps me checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment