Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Looking to the Hills (excerpt from sermon- August, 2003)

There is a lot to be said for looking up. After having put everything behind you, you must look up. This is important because when you look up, you can not see your circumstances around you. Looking up changes your focus from looking at your problems and transcends you to another realm where the solutions are. The solution to everything , every problem, every trouble that besets you is where God is. I will look to the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord. The benefits from looking up lie in all the verses in Psalm 121. The first verse gives you direction. When in doubt about your situation, follow the instructions of Psalm 121. Say " Listen, devil! I know you want me to think about the situation and all the mistakes of the past, but I don't live there any more. I live where God lives. I am going in a new direction, now. I will not listen to you. I will look up to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment