Monday, October 21, 2013

"Pass the Favor,Please!"

     I have often heard one of the television evangelists make the comment that "favor ain't fair!" When I hear that quote, my mind begins to reflect on the impartiality  of favor, for favor is not specific to any particular race, or gender. It doesn't cater to the young or old. Anyone can attract favor by virtue of the nature of his or her heart. I have discovered that negativity repels favor, but a kind and forgiving heart  attracts the very favor of God.
     Sometimes I want to hold on to hurts and nurse all of my "supposed" injustices, but what is real, is that licking wounds and reminiscing about  past mistreatment and insults only block the good that is already present in the hemisphere of one's reality. Goodness and mercy is already following us, but occasionally, the cloud of strife, nay saying and unbelief will shield us unwittingly from the companionship of these  remarkable twins.
     In essence, favor is fair  according to the law of sowing and reaping. If you plant corn, undoubtedly, you will not harvest cucumbers. Likewise, if you want to taste the rich fruit of favor, you have to fertilize your garden with the seeds of love,expectation, patience,etc. Hummmm, I can just taste it. Pass the favor, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment