Thursday, August 8, 2013

How Excellent!

I was amazed  at the response from a person I ran into at the store today. When that person asked me  how I was doing and I said "excellent", he seemed offended. He went on to state that "no one is doing excellent....you may be doing good, but you are not doing excellent!" At this point, I just repeated," Yes, I am excellent." What the person didn't understand is that we serve an excellent God. In Him we move and have our being. Psalm 8:1 says " How excellent is thy name in all the earth." In Jesus' name I am doing excellent. No, I don't have a million dollars in the bank, but I'm not broke. All of my bills are not paid, but my lights are on.. I don't have everything that I want, but I do have all I need. I have my health and strength. I have food to eat. I woke up with love in my heart for all. I am not mad at anyone, and I pray for all: friends and enemies alike. I have joy in my soul. I am an "offspring of God".I would say again " I'm doing excellent!"

Psalm 8:1
O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Psalm 8:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 8 (Whole Chapter)


Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Acts 17:27-29 (in Context) Acts 17 (Whole Chapter)

No comments:

Post a Comment